Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy, happy, happy

Traveling to Oklahoma and back, we listen to books on CD. Our daughter loaned us their copy of Happy, Happy, Happy. At this point I have never seen an episode of Duck Dynasty, but we are listening to their story. It starts out with a very dismal view of any technology from cell phones to computers. They do live a simple life and have been very successful doing it. Does that mean we should all ditch our technology and opt for tech-free lives? There are many people who spend way too much time with technology--I totally agree with that. Young people spend too much time with video game--I totally agree with that. I do not agree that it is all bad, however. My smart phone has been a marvelous tool! The jury is still out while we finish the book on how simple I want my life to be! (I know I don't want to wait for my husband to kill dinner before we eat.)

No comments: